Thursday, September 29, 2016

Blending in

Nature continues to amaze me with how birds and vegetation appear to blend into natural camouflage. My daughter and artist developed an entire theme about "camouflage" wich included a musical performance with her and band members wearing custom-designed camouflage attire.

Today, in my literal world, I am looking for camouflage examples.

First, while bird-watching out the living room window onto the bank of the Sycamore Creek, there appears to be a cardinal on a branch. That turned out to be Tomfoolery by the naked eye. Zooming in with my Nikon and it is just a leaf.

After having a sip from my coffee cup, out another part of the window, there appears to be a cardinal. This time, it is the real thing. In the fall, when leaves hang sparse on the limbs, they create silhouettes that could be birds.

Determining what the eye sees is part of the camouflage game.


That is a leaf


That is a cardinal


That is camouflage


That is real camouflage 
Artist, Mary George






No comments:

Post a Comment